Thursday, August 17, 2006

Hanging out with The Hells Angels .....

My one and only festival trip this year ... to the Bulldog Bash last weekend. OK, maybe not the best place for someone in my condition to hang out, but I was determined to get to one event this year, especially as it will be the last chance for quite some time!

I have to give the HA much credit for their care of a pregnant woman turning up to their mad weekend - they were very nice, even when I tried to take my car through the motorbike entrance and they allowed me to park right inside the event area at no charge. This turned out to be an absolute bonus as I could keep creeping back to the car for a comfy kip whenever I felt like it (and at 4:30 in the morning when the airbed in the tent had deflated!).

Had a fun weekend, although things seem different now somehow, perhaps it was the lack of alcohol in my system? Got some cool and groovy things in the on-site market at great prices and met some nice people selling there. I think they get rather stuck on their stalls and are happy to chat to any mad person who wants to pass the time of day!

As it was the Bulldog Bash 20th anniversary they had fireworks over the drag strip Saturday night which had to be the best we have ever seen. Just as you were thinking - wow that's something - this must be the finale, they just kept coming and coming and coming - absolutely fantastic. Paul recorded some of it on his mobile - apparently to save and show the baby later what all the noise was about!

My bike has now gone to its new home but it went to a good one so I am not too sad, was a bit upset when it actually went though. Other than that we are MOVING NEXT FRIDAY - YIKES! We have also accepted an offer on the current house, so that should hopefully get that situation sorted pretty quickly as the buyers are desperate to move. We had to haggle over price which has resulted in us deciding to take the hot tub spa with us, just hoping moving it won't be more trouble than it is worth!

Oh there is soooo much to do and at the moment I am wondering how we are ever going to get everything ready to go, at the moment we are living in cardboard box city and in my state of heightened clumsiness I am falling over them all the time. Paul finishes up at work tomorrow so at least he has a clear week to get it all done, whilst I am currently burying myself under boxes in the office. Which is what I should be getting on with right now .......

No comments: